How to Still Eat and Lose Weight?
Everybody loves eating but no one likes the weight gain that can come from eating. Big greasy, fattening meals can make you feel bloated, tired, groggy and lead to weight gain. So how can you eat several times a day and still lose weight and burn fat? A common misconception about dieting is you have to eat less or hardly eat at all. Good news, that is wrong, we MUST eat several times a day in order to maintain a healthy body and for our bodies to function properly. Of course, you don’t want to go out and eat fast food everyday and expect to lose weight, but there are thousands of foods to chose from to lose weight with.
Probably since you were a kid you always had three meals; breakfast, lunch, and dinner. When trying to shed unwanted pounds not much is going to change except your going to want to eat smaller meals and add two more meals. Eating smaller meals helps to burn more calories and maintain energy through the whole day. For example, say your burning a fire and you want it to last all day long your not going to put all your wood in the fire at once because it will be one big fire and then burn out. You want to add a couple pieces of wood on it at a time every so often so you have enough wood and keep the fire going. Eating is the same concept, you don’t want to eat a huge meal and then be so fool you don’t feel like doing anything the rest of the day. You want well balanced smaller meals that are going to provide you with consistent energy.
Example Meal Plan for a Day
Meal 2: Half of cup of mixed nuts with a piece of fruit (ex. half orange, banana, apple, etc)
Meal 3: Grilled lean chicken breast with 1 cup of steamed broccoli and 1/2 cup brown rice
Meal 5: Smoked salmon with lemon, asparagus in garlic and olive oil, and a sweet potato
None of these meals are too overwhelming but they are filling and include a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, protein, omega 3 fatty acids, grains, and are sure to give you good clean energy that lasts.
I know people don’t have time to cook all the time so here are some tips to help you stay healthy on the move:
Tips for Eating Healthy on the Go
- If you have to eat out, order the healthier items on the menu. Say you go to McDonald’s, instead of getting fries as a side maybe get apples slices or cuties. If you have to absolutely gets fries just get a small instead of up sizing to large.
- Try to order a healthier entree like grilled chicken sandwich or even a grill chicken salad instead of a double quarter pounder with cheese, it makes a difference.
- Try meal prepping. You don’t necessarily have to prep for 7 days just prep for 3 or 4 days at a time. Also, you can just prep one or two of your main meals, maybe the ones you really don’t have time to cook everyday.
- Plan out your meals on paper and have the fridge organized accordingly. Say for breakfast you write down yogurt with with granola and fruit in it with a piece of whole wheat toast. Have the fruit your going to put in it already cut up, the granola portioned out in a plastic bag and sitting by the yogurt in the fridge. That way you can just grab them and have it ready in seconds and writing it down takes away the time it takes for you to open the fridge and cabinets trying to think of what you want.
- You can do the same with your snacks, have them portioned out for the next couple days sitting together so you can grab and go.
I promise these tips will definitely help you out if you take out some free time to get prepared. Some of the number one reasons people don’t eat healthy is because they don’t have time or they don’t know what to eat so they impulsively buy something fast.
For more healthy foods and meals click here