Lemon and Water for Weight Loss
Lemon and Water for Weight Loss
Health Benefits to drinking water and How Long can you Survive without water?
Water is the universal solvent and the key to survival. We must drink water on a daily basis to hydrate and keep our body functioning properly. How long can you survive without water? Let me just go over what would happened if you suddenly stopped cosuming water:
- An adult human being is made up of about 65% water. The water in our body regulates body temperature, provides cushioning for our joints, and is a lubricant for our organs. On average, we lose around 2 liters of water a day just from breathing and going to the bathroom. Crazy!
- The thirst feeling comes from the part of your brain called the hypothalamus. When your brain is craving water you must satisfy that thirst by drinking water. If you go just one day without water or consuming anything containing water, dehydration symptoms start. Your mouth dries out and your urine starts turning darker. These are just the first signs of dehydration.
- Your brain then starts decreasing its functions and you begin to get light headed, start moving slower, have slow response time, and may even get a headache.
- As you go longer without water your brain actually shrinks. This comes after only 1-2 days without water. Your dry mouth will worsen to the point where can’t even swallow, you will start getting nauseous, your muslces start twitching or cramping, and you will have a very hard time completing simple tasks.
- After just 3-4 days without water your body will begin shutting down and eventually your brain
This is pretty wild considering it only takes a few days for your body to completely shut down. The good news is you can get water to the body in other ways than just drinking plain water. Most of the food and drinks you eat or drink contain water, but why is putting lemon in water so good for you? Many people wonder if drinking lemon water and weight loss should be mentioned together.
LEMON AND WATER FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Lemons alone have several health benefits:
- Loaded with vitamin C
- Cleans bowels
- Detoxifies the liver
- Strengthens blood vessels
- Anti-cancer properties
- Antibacterial properties
So you can see the importance and health benefits of lemons, so when you put lemon in water, it can transform your world.
When you wake up in the morning you want to drink a glass of lemon water first thing. You haven’t had anything to drink for several hours. Your liver is working all night and your body needs adequate water in the morning to recharge your brain and the lemon helps aid in proper digestion for the day. Lemon also creates stomach bile and acid and is going to flush out the toxins and re hydrate your body.
Warm lemon water is even better because it is going to perform all the benefits at a faster pace. That is why hot lemon water for weight loss is recommended. There is no strong evidence that shows lemon water directly sheds weight but there are studies that show people who drink lemon water in the morning maintain healthier weights. Another study showed the rate at which calories are burned increased 30% after only ten minutes of drinking water and got even higher after 30 minutes.
This is the reason drinking lemon water in the morning is so important, you want these benefits performing all day long. The lemon in water is going help aid in weight loss.